Feedback Wanted - Please take our short survey.

Click here to take survey

Local News


Local News

Two cases of COVID-19 have been reported in the Tararua District.

Health authorities said both cases reported feeling unwell last Friday, and sought prompt testing.

Both are from the same household and are now self-isolating at home.

The cases are linked, and the Public Health Unit from the MidCentral DHB are investigating any links between these cases and other known cases.

Two locations of interest have so far been listed on the Ministry of Health website – Farmlands Pahiatua on Friday November 12 between 3.30 and 4pm; and Caltex Woodville on Saturday November 14 between 9 and 9.30am.

Anyone who was at these locations is asked to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms for 14 days after being exposed, and if symptoms develop, to get a test and stay at home until a negative test result is received, and until 24 hours after symptoms resolve.

The MidCentral District Health Board opened up a number of testing stations yesterday following the positive results.


The Hawke’s Bay District Health Board meanwhile is making COVID-19 testing more readily available in Central Hawke’s Bay.

From today, anyone wanting a test won’t need a referral from their GP or Healthline, but will simply be able to get a test at the drive-in Community Based Assessment Centre behind the CHB Health Centre.

Authorities say it is important that anyone with flu-like symptoms does not go into the health centre itself or the Tukituki Medical Centre.

Medical Officer of Health Dr Nicholas Jones said the positive cases reported in the Tararua District and  in Taupō is a timely reminder COVID-19 is on Hawke’s Bay’s doorstep.

He urged anyone feeling unwell, particularly if they have travelled to Taupō, Rotorua, Woodville, Pahiatua or Dannevirke recently to get tested.


Four people were taken to Hawke’s Bay Hospital on Friday night following a crash near Takapau.

Three suffered moderate injuries, and one serious injuries following the two vehicle accident on State Highway 2.


The Magpies were beaten by Tasman in the semi-finals of the Bunnings Warehouse NPC Premiership on Saturday.

Despite a strong finish in the game, the Magpies were unable to book their place in this weeks final, with Tasman winning 33-27.

Tasman had lead 25-17 at half-time.

Magpies Captain Tom Parsons said the Magpies could still reflect on a great year in which they proved they belong at the highest level of the game.